Monday, October 19, 2009

Leaving primary

Yesterday in primary we had a marathon singing time. After opening exercises, we ran through all the songs for the program on Nov. 9. After the program, I will be released. I have loved primary. It is great to teach the truths of the gospel to the cute little things through song. Coming up with ideas to teach the songs to make it exciting for the kids is fun too. This upcoming primary program will be my fourth one in a row. Our ward boundaries were changed recently, and the primary chorister from Beaverton 3rd ward was moved into our ward. She had only been the chorister for about 4 months and was pretty enthusiastic and excited about it. I told the primary pres. that if they wanted to put her in, it was okay with me, but I still like primary. So they are replacing me--after the program.

Anyway since we had singing time at the first yesterday, I was able to go to Relief Society. We had a great lesson. Maybe I AM ready to go back with the big people. I still visit teach five people and play the organ every other week, so I don't feel like I don't have anything to do in the church. I am looking forward to what else the future might bring, but I will miss those kids--even the ones who don't sing much.

No comments:

Post a Comment