Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas and snow

We went to Provo for Christmas because Shanna is expecting Jan. 9. David and Amanda were kind enough to let Bruce and Brian stay with them while Milt and I stayed with Shanna and Evan. It was great to be with our kids and to see lots of Milt's family. The dinners were very nice. I thought that with all the Christmas candy and big meals that I ate, that I would be very fat when I got home, but I didn't gain any weight. (Or it just hasn't shown up yet.)



There was snow in Provo. In fact, it snowed some while we were there, but mostly it was clear and sunny and FREEZING.


We got home Monday night. Yesterday, Brian and I went to exchange his dud Christmas present. When we came out of Fred Meyer, it was just starting to snow ever so lightly. By the time we got to Target, there were big flakes of snow. We had to go to Bed Bath & Beyond to get a wedding present for Shanna's friend she had through high school and college. (Because of the snow we didn't make it to her reception. I guess I'll take the gift to Provo with me next week.) The snow was starting to stick by the time we got there. We made it home in the snow. The roads weren't bad yet because it had just started. When it quit snowing, we had a beautiful yard with white trees and shrubs and lawn and driveway and everything. It only took Milt an hour or so to get home from work as opposed to the usual 15 minutes. It is now 10:30 the next day and it is all melting. the roads are a little slushy, but there is still snow on the lawns. That's how I like the snow. Beautiful and fleeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment